A 64 channel bi-directional MADI to AES format converter, the ADI-6432 can be used as an AES3 frontend for the Hammerfall DSP MADI PCI card or two ADI-6432s can be employed as digital multicore, or for the many MADI equipped units and systems.
Overview of the ADI-6432’s most important features:
- Support for up to 192 kHz with MADI and AES
- 64 channel bi-directional MADI to AES converter
- Sync and audio present status displays for MADI and AES
- SteadyClock™ for maximum jitter reduction and clock regeneration
- Completely remote controllable via MIDI
- Transfer of MIDI data via MADI
- Transfer of RS232 data via MADI
- 1 x MADI I/O (optical and coaxial)
- 32 x AES3 I/O (2 x 4 SUB-D)
- 1 x MIDI I/O
- Com-Port I/O (RS-232)
- Word Clock I/O
MADI handles 64 channels of 24-Bit audio at sampling frequencies up to 48 kHz, 32 channels up to 96 kHz, and 16 channels up to 192 kHz. All channels are transferred across a single cable, either coaxial (BNC) or fibre optic cable in over 100 meter cable lengths. The AES3 channels are provided as 32 AES3 inputs and outputs via D-sub connectors. The ADI-6432 accepts 56 channels and 64 channels as well as 96k frame at its input, and can be set to generate those formats at its output.
The front panel has a detailed Sync and Audio State display with 97 LEDs. Furthermore there are lots of buttons with clear LED function display. In professional situations accurate displays and control of all incoming and outgoing signals, including MIDI and RS232 are indispensable. Errors can be detected at a glance. The control keys can be locked to prevent accidental changing of settings.
RMEs SteadyClock™ lets the ADI-6432 use MADI without an additional word clock connection, and guarantees excellent clock quality in every situation. Due to the highly efficient jitter reduction, any clock signal – even AES and word clock – can be improved and refreshed, and subsequently used as reference clock at the word clock output. Intelligent Clock Control (ICC)will retain the last valid sample frequency in case of a loss of the input signal.
The ADI-6432 supplies word clock in Single, Double und Quad Speed, distributes Double Wire 96 kHz signals into the MADI data stream, and even supports the double MADI sample rate (96K frame). RME’s SyncAlign® and SyncCheck® applications ensure perfect synchronization and error detection. Also multiple units can be stacked and operated sample-aligned, using word clock. All settings are stored when the unit is switched off.
A fully automatic input selection between optical and coaxial input offers a useful redundancy mode for critical applications. Extensive status displays give information about lock and sync states, audio content and the physical quality of the incoming signal.
16 MIDI channels can be transferred invisibly across MADI, at 64 audio channels. The same applies to RS232: Be it 9600, 19200 or 115200 Baud, thanks to a 9-pin COM port, the ADI-6432 can be used as an extender for serial cables, with no effect on the audio functionality. Additionally the device can be fully remote controlled and configured via MIDI, and all status displays can be queried through MIDI. Each ADI-642 can be given an individual ID, allowing separate remote controllability of various devices with only one MIDI channel.
The ADI-6432 is compatible to MADI interfaces from companies including Stagetec, Sony, Merging, Lawo, Euphonix, Jünger, Audio Service, AMS and others.
- Input MADI: 1 x BNC, 1 x optical
- Input AES/EBU: 32 x, 4 x per D-sub connector, transformer balanced, highly sensitive input stage (< 0.3 pp), SPDIF compatible
- Output AES/EBU: 32 x, 4 x per D-sub connector, transformer balanced, 4 Vpp
- Input word clock: BNC, Signal Adaptation Circuit (functional from 1.2 Vpp)
- Output word clock: BNC, low impedance driver stage, 4 Vpp into 75 Ohms, short-circuit-proof
- MIDI input and output: via two 5-pin DIN jacks
- COM port: RS232 via 9-pin D-sub, 9600/19200/115200 Baud
- Sync sources: MADI, AES, word clock, internal
- Varipitch: by input signal or word clock
- Sample frequencies: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, variable (sync/word clock)
- Sample rate range: MADI: 32 – 192 kHz, word clock: 27 kHz – 200 kHz, AES: 28 kHz – 200 kHz
- Jitter: Internal Clock < 1 ns, Word Clock In < 2 ns, AES/EBU In < 2 ns
- Jitter suppression: >30 dB (2.4 kHz)
- Jitter sensitivity: all PLLs operate error-free even at 100 ns
- Power supply: Internal switching mode PS, 100V – 240V AC, 20 Watt
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 483 x 88 x 200 mm
- Warranty: 2 years