The MADI.SRC is a high quality real-time sample rate converter for a 64 channel MADI stream. The device supports all source and destination sample rates from 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz MADI for all formats: 48k/96k frames; 56/64 channels.
- Optical SC fibre optic input and output
- Coaxial BNC input and output
- MADI connections between asynchronous MADI ports or systems
- Intelligent conversion between standard (48 kHz), double (96 kHz) and quad (192 kHz) sample rates
- Conversion to and from 64-channel and 56-channel with varispeed formats
- Output sync to Word clock, video or MADI
- Dual redundant power supplies
The MADI.SRC provides both optical (SC multi-mode) and coaxial (BNC) input and output connectors; the outputs working in parallel or carrying separate groups of channels in SPLIT mode.
In NORMAL mode, the 64, 32 or 16 channels resulting from the format and sample-rate conversion are available at both coaxial and fibre optic outputs.
In SPLIT mode, the output of the format and sample-rate conversion is divided intelligently between the two outputs – half of the channels available at output 1 and the balance at output 2. This powerful facility allows, for example, two double-rate connections to be converted to a single coax or fibre standard-rate MADI connection, the 64 channels of a standard-rate connection to be divided between two double-rate connections or the first 32 channels of a standard rate connection delivered to two quad-rate connections.
Output synchronization can be achieved via word clock or AES3id (AES11), Video Reference (PAL and NTSC), the MADI input signal and the internal clock.
For maximum reliability the MADI.SRC offers two phase-redundant power supplies with inlets and switches on the rear panel. The MADI.SRC can be remotely controlled with Windows remote control software.
Where two digital systems cannot access or do not use the same word clock source (eg FOH/PA mixing system and OB truck) the MADI.SRC can be used to decouple both systems, while allowing the MADI connection to transport up to 64 channels of 24 bit audio.
With the SRC switched off, the device works as a simple format converter and supplies the different formats at the MADI output ports (48k/96k frame, 56/64 channels).
- MADI ports (Input / Output): SC-socket multi-mode
- Coaxial BNC, 75 ohm
- Word clock input: Coaxial BNC (75 ohm termination switchable)
- Reference video input: BNC (75 ohm termination switchable),
- Black Burst (PAL, NTSC)
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz + / – 12.5%
- MADI format (I / O): 48k Frame, 96k frame, 56/64 channels, S / MUX
- Remote: USB 2.0
- Power supplies: 2 x 84 V to 264 V AC
- 47 Hz to 63 Hz
- Safety class 1, phase redundancy
- Width 19”(483 mm)
- Height 1 HU (45 mm)
- Depth 10”(254 mm)
- Weight: 3 kg