Audio monitoring of up to eight channels of an optical or coaxial MADI signal in a 1U unit. Analogue and AES3 outputs of the monitor mix are provided.
- Stereo audio monitoring unit for MADI environments
- Three MADI inputs – coaxial, SC optical and SFP optical
- MADI outputs for all formats for loop-through connection
- MADI signal at active input available at all outputs
- Auto-detection of 48/96 kHz frame rates and 56 or 64-channel MADI standards
- A stereo sum of up to any eight mono (or four stereo) channels may be monitored
- 8/2 mixer with individual level controls
- Built-in loudspeakers
- LED bargraph meters for each selected channel
- Front panel stereo headphone output
- Monitor mix available as external output in analogue and AES3 formats
- AES3 input; either channel may form part of a mix
- USB port for firmware update and remote control*
- Control lock to prevent alteration of front panel settings
- 1U rack-mounting unit
- Internal universal mains PSU
* Remote control facilities will be available in a future firmware release.
MADI/AES3 monitoring of a single stereo channel pair may be performed using the compact MA2CHBOX.XL unit.
Three options are provided for MADI input: coaxial (BNC socket), optical (SC connector) and an SFP carrier for the user to fit their own fibre optic (or coaxial) cartridge. A MADI loop-through output on a second connector is provided in all cases and a power-safe relay maintains the coaxial output in the event of a power failure. Different MADI standards (48 kHz and 96 kHz frame rates and 56 or 64 channels) are catered for with auto-detection. Multiple inputs may be used; selection of input source is made from the front panel.
The front panel includes four identical sets of controls and displays, each setting up one stereo or two mono input channels. Rotary controls select input channel and monitor mix input level. Multi-function LED bargraphs display signal level, mono/stereo selection and channel number. A further set of rotary controls independently set the overall mix output level at the speakers, headphone output, analogue line output and AES3 output. Input and master muting is also provided.
The rear panel carries the coaxial and optical MADI I/O connectors. An empty SFP cartridge carrier is included; the user may install a cartridge of their choice to suit their own connectivity standards. A 9-pin male Dsub connector carries balanced analogue line level outputs (max level +24 dBu) and a matching AES3 output, plus an AES3 input. The AES3 input is independent of the unit’s MADI functions, and either (or both) channels may be selected as inputs to the 8/2 monitor mixer if required. A Dsub-to-XLR break-out cable is included with each KYRA unit.
The rear panel also includes a USB 2.0 port for firmware updates, and (in a future firmware release) external control.
KYRA is mains-powered with an internal Universal PSU (85 – 264 VAC, 47 – 63 Hz). A dual PSU version is available as an option.