The EXBOX.AES is an AES and control bridge to MADI. A single unit is a compact, low cost MADI to AES interface or by daisy chaining several units together, a simple audio distribution system. It can convert 16 audio channels from MADI to AES and vice versa and, if required, RS232 may be embedded or de-embedded from the MADI stream.
EXBOX.AES has 8 AES I/O and the signal routing is adjustable in blocks of 16. Conversion of all 64 channels in the MADI stream can be achieved by cascading four units. The front panel gives access to signal routing, sample rate and channel count, plus embedded control of baud rate.
EXBOX.AES is bit transparent. The embedder can be bypassed to preserve the incoming user bits (UBIT Bypass) or it can be deactivated to embed user bits from the AES inputs (OFF).
RS232 serial data is embedded in MADI user bits 1 to 9.
In addition, the EXBOX.AES has two Hirose sockets for the connection of two external power supplies or battery packs for redundancy and safe operation.
- MADI ports (I/O):
- 1 x SC-Socket multimode
- 1 x coaxial BNC, 75 ohms
- Also available with 2x SC socket multimode
SC fibre sockets may be specified as single mode at time of order
- MADI formats: 48k / 96k Frame, 56 / 64 channel, S/MUX
- AES ports (I/O): 2 x DSUB-25 (8 x AES3 I/O, TASCAM pinout)
- Sample rates: 44,1 kHz up to 192 kHz
- RS-232: DSUB-9 (male)
- Baud rates: 9600, 19200, 38400, 115200 baud
- Power supply: external, 2 x Hirose (9-24 V) 1x PSU supplied, 1x redundant option
- Width 140 mm
- Height 42 mm
- Depth 140 mm