- Uni-directional MADI-to-analogue interface
- D-A conversion of MADI audio data to 32 line outputs
- Bank selection of MADI channels 1 to 32 or 33 to 64
- Two units may be cascaded for time-aligned 64-channel MADI operation
- Internal matrix controlled by ANDIAMO remote software permits any MADI channel to be routed to any output
- Dual bi-directional MADI ports for seamless redundancy
- MADI port options – dual optical or 1 x optical + 1 x coaxial
- Compatible with 56ch and 64ch MADI formats
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz
- Sync options: external or internal word clock, or MADI input
- Wordclock output
- Three versions available to suit different analogue standards: 0 dBFS = +6 dBu, +9 dBu or +15 dBu
- Selectable gain adds additional 9 dB to output level: 0 dBFS = +15 dBu, +18 dBu or +24 dBu.
- USB 2.0 port for remote control and firmware updates
- Alternative remote control via RS232-over-MADI or MIDI-over-MADI; allows control of ANDIAMO units in remote location without additional connection
- Network control via an external Ethernet-to-USB adaptor
- Dual redundant power supplies
- 1U 19” rack-mounting unit
The ANDIAMO 2.DA is complemented by the ANDIAMO 2.AD 32-channel analogue-to-MADI interface; further models in the ANDIAMO range interface MADI to/from various other audio formats.
The ANDIAMO 2.DA has two input MADI ports for redundancy purposes with seamless switchover. They are permanently monitored, and auto-switch if MADI data on one port fails. There are also two output MADI ports, which carry the same signal by default, though they may be reconfigured by the ANDIAMO software. The unit may be ordered with the MADI ports as dual SC optical fibre connectors (single or multi-mode), or with Port 2 in coaxial format (BNC).
Users may select whether the 32 audio outputs are derived from channels 1 to 32 or channels 33 to 64 of the MADI bitstream. Two units may be cascaded (by chaining the MADI signals) so that access to all 64 channels of audio supported by the MADI format is available. The ANDIAMO 2.DA is compatible with both 56-channel and 64-channel MADI formats and S/MUX at 96 kHz frame rate.
Using the front panel controls, analogue outputs 1 to 32 may be sourced in 32-channel banks from either MADI channels 1 to 32 or 33 to 64 in numerical order. This routing may be extended by the use of ANDIAMO Remote software (provided as standard), which allows any MADI audio channel to be mapped to any analogue output, or a single MADI audio channel to be routed to multiple outputs. ANDIAMO Remote also allows set-up of all other unit parameters. A rear panel USB port is provided for connection to the device running the Remote application. Alternatively, RS-232 or MIDI control data carried in the input and output MADI signals may be used if preferred, or the unit may be controlled via a network using an external Ethernet-to-USB adaptor.
The unit can operate at sample rates of 44.1, 48, 88.2 or 96 kHz. Sync source options are: the MADI input, internal word clock or external word clock.
The front panel provides signal level LEDs for each audio channel (at -16 and -6 dB, plus an ‘OVR’ LED indicating digital clipping. A simple two-button system allows all other unit parameters such as sync source, MADI bank, 64/56ch selection, sample rate, input level pad, etc., to be set.
The ANDIAMO 2.DA is built in a 1U 19” rackmounting enclosure and includes dual AC power supplies and rear panel AC power switches for maximum system redundancy.