Compact 16-channel audio monitor with 3G/HD/SD SDI de-embedding, plus AES3 and analogue inputs and outputs in a 1U 19” unit.
- Metering and monitoring of up to 16 channels of audio
- 16-channel audio de-embedding from SDI sources
- Auto-sensing SD/HD/3G SDI inputs
- Additional 10-channel sources: AES3id x 4 and analogue x 2
- AES3id outputs of channels 1 to 8 of the selected source
- Very simple to use: all primary functions have individual controls
- Display for input status and unit configuration
- 2 x full-range front panel speakers plus internal LF sub-woofer
- Any channel may be monitored on either speaker, including combinations and groups
- High resolution, tricolour LED meters with adjustable colour transition points and peak-hold facility
- Four standard meter scales/ballistics, user selectable
- Audio output levels are auto-adjusted for consistent volume when monitoring multiple channels
- Compact 200 mm deep chassis: ideal for OB and Flyaway applications
Bel Model BM-A1-16SHD provides all the facilities of the BM-A1-16OB, plus additional AES3id and analogue connectivity.
The unit is very simple to use: all source selection and main monitoring setup is done from individual controls on the front panel without any necessity for menu navigation.
In addition to two auto-detecting 3G/HD/SD SDI inputs, the monitor has two balanced analogue inputs (XLR) and four AES3id BNCs. A re-clocked loop-through output is available for the selected SDI source providing a convenient and cost-effective method of switching SDI feeds to an external monitor. Channels 1 to 8 of the selected source are also routed to four AES3id outputs (providing de-embedding of SDI sources). In addition, the stereo audio monitor mix is available as a separate balanced feed at a pair of XLRs.
Audio levels are metered on eight 26-segment tricolour LED bargraphs. User setup options allow a choice of four scales and ballistics (including BBC or DIN PPM, VU and AES/EBU), and also colour transition points and peak hold.
The audio quality is remarkably high for a 1U unit in addition to the front panel stereo speakers a third low frequency driver is mounted internally to provide an impressively extended low frequency response for such a compact monitor unit. Users have full flexibility in assigning any channel to left, right or both speakers (or neither), and automatic level attenuation compensates for monitoring multiple channels. A ¼” jack headphone output socket is provided on the front panel. When in use, the internal speakers are muted. Audio level at the rear panel analogue outputs may be configured from a setup menu either to be fixed or to follow the main volume/mute control.
The BM-A1-16OB is fitted with a display screen, enabling easy device configuration and display of signal status information and volume.
The unit is built to a very high mechanical standard in a stainless steel 1U 19” enclosure that is only 200 mm deep. Warranty is for 3 years.