A 4-channel touchscreen-based PPM/loudness meter optimised for broadcast radio and other stereo applications. The base unit provides a range of standard PPM scales; several software plug-ins are available which add further options, including EBU R128-compliant loudness measurement, spectrum analysis and additional PPM visualisations. The TMR7’s screen layout is totally user-configurable, and the unit is available in desktop and OEM-installation versions.
- 4-channel bargraph PPM
- User-selectable PPM scales
- Vectorscope display
- Stereo phase correlation meter
- Sum and difference (MS) metering
- True Peak measurement
- Dual Gain Reduction display (compatible with Studer consoles)
Metering (via optional plug-ins):
- Loudness measurement compliant with EBU R128 and most other current standards
- Graphical Loudness Range (LRA) display
- SPL display
- RTA (Real Time Analysis) display
- Classic single and dual-needle (LR/MS) PPM displays
- Classic dual VU meter displays
- Additional PPM scales (SMPTE, NHK, etc.)
- Second Vectorscope and phase meter
- 4-channel AES3 digital inputs
- AES3 loopthrough outputs
- 7” 16:9 colour display with touch control
- Available in desktop and custom-mounting versions
- VGA output
- Ethernet/LAN, USB and GPIO ports
- Global keypad for control of multiple instruments
The TMR7 is part of the RTW TM family of compact, touchscreen-based audio level displays. It is based on the TM7, which caters for up to eight channels and provides further metering options and additional flexibility.
The 7” 16:9 touchscreen is available as either a free-standing desktop display, or a bare chassis version for mounting in custom equipment or furniture. The set of measurement “instruments” it provides is defined by the customer to match the user’s needs. Apart from the basic PPM capability, all instruments are in the form of optional individual software modules, and may either be specified at the time of order, or added at a later date to address new operational requirements.
The standard unit provides a 4-channel PPM with digital scaling (-60 dB to 0 dB/-60 dB to + 3 dB TruePeak, quasi-DIN, quasi-Nordic or quasi-British IIa/IIb) with Peak Hold, phase correlation metering, and a vectorscope display for a graphical representation of stereo components. These functions can be expanded with the addition of three software modules:
- Loudness measurement of all 4 channels, compliant with EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-3/1771, ATSC A/85 and ARIB guidelines; includes Loudness Range (LRA) with numerical display of ‘I’ value and ‘MagicLRA’ meter and Loudness measurement of M and S values. SPL measurement with various weighting and filtering options.
- 31-band Real Time spectrum analysis of single channels or pairs.
- Extra scale options for the main PPM (Zoom, SMPTE, NHK, ARD+9, etc.), high-resolution emulation of single- and dual-needle PPMs and VU moving coil meters meters, a second vectorscope and a second phase meter.
The TMR7’s full colour screen layout is entirely definable by the user; each instrument’s display is a window which may be made active, sized and positioned at will. All instrument controls are accessed by touching the screen; or if preferred, a USB mouse may be used. A VGA output is provided to allow the screen image to be displayed on a larger external monitor. A GPIO port is included to permit external selection of unit configurations, and an Ethernet/LAN port to allow additional software modules to be installed.
The TMR7 is designed to interface directly within a digital broadcast infrastructure and comes with two balanced AES3 digital inputs. Each input has a loopthrough output for the connection of downstream equipment.