The RME HDSPe MADI is a high performance PCI Express card MADI interface with low latency making the card the perfect partner for live recording and live mixing applications.
A multi-channel audio interface, the HSDPe MADI provides 64 channels of 24-bit audio at a sample rate of up to 48 kHz, 32 channels at up to 96 kHz and 16 channels at up to 192 kHz. Transmission is by a single cable, either coaxial with BNC plugs or by fiber optics. In either case more than 100m cable length can be achieved.
- PCI Express Interface
- 64 Input channels / 64 Output channels
- 1 x MADI I/O (optical and coaxial)
- 2 x MIDI I/O
- Stereo Analogue Out
- Word Clock I/O
- Optional: HDSP TCO
In addition to the standard PCI version HDSP MADI the HSDPe MADI offers:
- Support of sample rates than up to192 kHz
- Extra features in TotalMix
- phase and internal loopback per channel
- +6 dB gain for the hardware outputs
- Direct support of the Time Code Option
The analogue monitor output of the HDSPe MADI is equipped with the same low-latency converter technology as the ADI-8 QS, guaranteeing stunning SNR and THD values.
HDSPe MADI is fully compatible with all devices that include a MADI interface. An 8 x ADAT optical PC can be achieved by combining the HSDPe MADI with the ADI-648 interface that is unbeatable in price and performance. With the ADI-6432 a bidirectional AES3 frontend with 64 channels is available.
On a powerful PC/Mac three HDSPe MADI can create a 192 input and 192 output audio workstation.
- MADI optical patchbay and router
- MADI coaxial/optical or vice versa converter and splitter
- MADI redistributor, patchbay and router
TotalMix can be completely remote controlled via MIDI. Furthermore, the hardware delivers RMS and peak level meters for full control over 192 audio channels at minimal CPU load.
While most MADI-based devices require an additional word clock or AES line, the Hammerfall DSP MADI (like the ADI-648) uses SteadyClock™ to extract the reference clock at lowest jitter directly from the MADI signal, making long-distance connections even more convenient. The HDSPe MADI offers further useful features, eg an analogue 24-bit/96 kHz line/headphone output with 116 dB dynamic range for monitoring of all input and output signals.
The included expansion board carries word clock I/O (BNC) and MIDI I/O. The word clock input is galvanically isolated via transformer and operates on both single and double speed signals automatically. MIDI I/O offers two completely independent MIDI inputs and outputs via breakout cable (4 DIN sockets). A virtual MIDI port allows for a direct transmission of MIDI data over MADI.
RME uses a configuration memory for the most important settings of the card. HDSPe MADI activates the last used sample rate, master/slave configuration and MADI format as soon as the computer is switched on. This eliminates disturbing noises and clock network problems during power-up or re-boot of the computer.
- 1-Lane PCI Express Endpoint device (no PCI Express to PCI Bridge), revision 1.1
- 2.5 Gbps line speed
- Packet-based full-duplex communication (up to 500 MB/s transfer rate)
- All settings changeable in real-time
- Automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control
- Sync sources: MADI coaxial, MADI optical, word clock, internal
- Varipitch: by input signal or word clock
- Sample rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, variable (Sync/word clock)
- Sample rate range: MADI: 32 kHz – 96 kHz, word clock: 27 kHz – 200 kHz
- Jitter: < 1 ns, internal and all inputs
- Jitter sensitivity: PLL operates even at 100 ns Jitter without problems
- Comes with DIGICheck: the ultimate measurement, analysis and test tool
- Input MADI optical, MADI coaxial (BNC), 2 x MIDI, word clock (BNC)
- Output MADI optical, MADI coaxial (BNC), 2 x MIDI, word clock (BNC), stereo analog line/phones
- Input word clock: BNC, Signal Adaptation Circuit (functional from 1.2 Vpp input signal), switchable termination
- Output word clock: BNC, low-impedance driver stage, 4 Vpp into 75 Ohms, short-circuit-proof
- MIDI input and output: via four 5-pin DIN jacks
- DIGICheck for Windows includes:
- Spectral Analyser
- Professional level meter for 2, 8, or 64 channels
- Vector Audio Scope
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/64 (full ASIO multi-client operation of WDM, GSIF 2.0 and ASIO 2.0)
- Mac OS X Intel (Core Audio and Core MIDI)
- HDSP TCO
- Timecode Option Module adding further sync options:
- 1 x word clock I/O
- 1 x video sync input (alternative to wc input)
- 1 x LTC I/O