The SPLIT.CONVERTER is a combined MADI format converter and signal splitter. It offers simultaneous conversion between optical and coaxial MADI signals and using the input selector, each MADI output port can be fed by any input port. All ports are fully independent allowing simultaneous routing of up to four asynchronous MADI streams.
- Dual SC fibre optic MADI inputs and outputs
- Dual BNC coaxial MADI inputs and outputs
- All MADI formats supported
- Independent Output selection for each output port
- Dual redundant power supplies
The routing matrix is bit transparent and is free of any delay or latency. All common sample rates (up to 192 kHz) and MADI formats (48k/96k frame, 56/64 channels) are supported and will transparently pass standard and proprietary embedded data, such as that used by Digidesign’s “Venue” Snake.
For reliability the SPLIT.CONVERTER offers two phase redundant power supplies with two power inlets and switches on the rear panel.
- Switching converter units between control rooms
- Manual redundant connection splitter/switch for live broadcast, music and theatre applications
- Splitting on live locations, connecting a single mix system to PA, OB truck, or recording system
- MADI ports (Input / Output) 2 x SC multi-mode socket
- 2 x coaxial BNC, 75 ohm
- Width 19”(483 mm)
- Height 1 HU (45 mm)
- Depth 10”(254 mm)
- Power supplies: 2 x 84 V to 264 V AC / 47 Hz to 63 Hz / safety class 1 redundant phase
- Weight: about 3 kg