PRODUCER.COM is an extremely versatile Multi-Format MADI embedder/de-Embedder system. It has two MADI ports and can be installed into a MADI ring where it acts as an embedder/de-embedder, communications unit, monitor controller and more.
Communication and transmission of the pure audio signals (eg between stage and control room) can be achieved using one MADI cable. No extra cabling is needed for red light, talkback etc. The two integrated connectors for analogue telephones, supply discrete communication with the artist.
Remote control information via RS-232 or RS-422/485 can be connected directly to the 9-pin inputs and then de-embedded on stage via a second PRODUCER.COM.
The incorporated D/A converters in the PRODUCER.COM allow it to act as a monitoring unit to easily control the audio signals in MADI and other environments. At the same time channels can be routed from the MADI streams onto the other digital outputs to feed eg an effect processor or a backup system.
With added RAVENNA support http://ravenna.alcnetworx.com/ PRODUCER.COM can connect with IP networks widely extending the application. RAVENNA is an optional feature that can be retrofitted.
RS-232, RS-422/485 and MIDI data can be extracted from a MADI stream. The serial data takes no bandwidth from the audio transmission.
In addition, control signals from the integrated GPI/Os are transmitted and can be extracted from the MADI stream and using a second PRODUCER.COM, converted into control signals again.
PRODUCER.COM has the following interfaces:-
- Mic/Line I/P
- XLR Line O/P
Each interface can be routed to one of the MADI outputs or receive one of the MADI input channels. A Remote-Box enables the configuration of the device via a system menu. The Remote Box also provides direct access to functions such as talkback, red light control (via GPI/O), monitoring matrix and routing.
PRODUCER.COM is fitted with a word clock input that accepts an AES11 sync signal together with a video reference input (Black-Burst, PAL and NTSC). The unit can also sync on a digital input; MADI, AES, ADAT or the internal clock. And, depending on the settings, a word clock signal can be derived from an incoming MADI signal and passed through to the word clock output.
- MADI Ports (Input/Output): 2 x SC-Socket multi-mode
- AES Ports (I/O): 2 x XLR-3
- ADAT Ports (I/O): TOSLINK, Alesis Specification
- RAVENNA (I/O): RJ45 Ethernet Connector (100 Mbit/s)
- Wordclock (I/O): Coaxial BNC (75ohm termination switchable)
- Video reference input: BNC (75 ohm termination switchable), Black-Burst (PAL, NTSC)
- GPI (DSUB-9): 2 x voltage controlled (2.5-24V), 2 x Optocoupler .
- GPO (DSUB-9): 2 x switched voltage (max. 12 V, 200 mA), 2x Optocoupler
- RS-232: DSUB-9
- RS-422/485: DSUB-9 (422 / 485 switchable)
- Microphone input: XLR-3 (P48 switchable)
- Line input: 6.3 mm TRS Jack, balanced
- Line-Out (Stereo): 6.3 mm TRS Jack, unbalanced 2 x XLR-3, balanced with analogue trim controller
- Headphones (Stereo): 6.3 mm TRS Jack, unbalanced with analogue trim controller
- MIDI I/O: DIN
- Telephone: 2 x analogue Telephone connectors, RJ45/6 with power supply
- Remote: RJ45/8 for Remote-Box connection USB 2.0 for configuration via Remote-Software (Windows PC)
- Supported Sample Rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz +/- 12.5%
- MADI Format I/O:48k Frame, 96k Frame, 56/64 channels, S/MUX
- Power Supply: 84 V to 264 V AC / 47 Hz to 63 Hz / safety class 1
- Dimensions: Width 19” (483 mm); Height 1 HU (45 mm); Depth 10” (254 mm)
- Weight: 3 kg
- Connectors: 2 x RJ45/8 for connection to the main unit and to another Remote Box
- 1 x TRS Jack with contact switch for control signals (GPI)
- Display: Matrix-Display (2 x 16 characters)
- Controllers: Large Encoder controlling the main monitor volume
- 3 small Encoders for Line-Out and Headphones volume and menu control
- Buttons for direct access to Phones, Talkback, red / white light, DIM and Mute
- Dimensions: Width 7.8” (200 mm)
- Height 6.7” (171 mm)
- Depth 0.2” (52 mm)