A 64-channel MADI<>AES3 converter incorporating a full MADI routing matrix. Internal Sample Rate Conversion of 32 channels is available as an option.
- Bi-directional, 64-channel MADI-to-AES3 interface
- Converts 32 AES3 inputs into MADI format
- Simultaneously converts an independent MADI input into 32 AES3 outputs (balanced)
- Software-controlled matrix permits any input channel (AES3 or MADI) to be routed to any output channel (AES3 or MADI)
- Dual optical (or 1 x optical + 1 x coaxial) MADI ports for seamless redundancy or bi-directional conversion
- AES.SRC version includes 32 channels of assignable Sample Rate Conversion
- Compatible with 56ch and 64ch MADI formats
- Sync options: MADI, internal clock or external wordclock
- Wordclock output
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz
- USB 2.0 port for remote control and firmware updates
- Dual redundant power supplies
- 2U 19” rack-mounting unit
The ANDIAMO.AES is one of the ANDIAMO range of powerful and compact MADI interfaces, all incorporating the ANDIAMO Remote software-controlled audio routing matrix.
The ANDIAMO.AES has two MADI ports (each port consists of an input and an output) for redundancy purposes and seamless switchover. The unit may be ordered with both ports as dual SC optical fibre connectors, or with Port 2 as coaxial (BNCs). Multimode fibre is standard, but single-mode port(s) may be specified at the time of ordering. Both output ports are always active, and carry the same MADI data. Users may select either MADI input port as the active one. The ANDIAMO.AES is compatible with both 56-channel and 64-channel MADI formats and S/MUX at 96 kHz frame rate. AES3 I/O connectivity comprises eight 25-way Dsub connectors, each carrying eight audio inputs and eight audio outputs (four balanced AES3 pairs in each direction). Break-out panels are available as accessories for installations where frequent signal patching is necessary.
By default, the 64 audio channels of the selected MADI input are routed to AES3 outputs 1 to 32 (channel pairs) in numerical order; similarly data at AES3 inputs 1 to 32 are encoded as audio channels 1 to 64 in the output MADI bitstream. However, with ANDIAMO Remote software (provided as standard) any input channel (on either a MADI or an AES3 input) may be mapped onto any output channel (MADI or AES3), allowing full audio routing. It is also possible to route one input to multiple outputs.
The ANDIAMO.AES SRC provides the same degree of flexibility in routing, but adds 32 channels of Sample Rate Conversion, which can be assigned to the AES3 inputs in banks of eight channels to permit asynchronous signals to be handled by the unit.
A rear panel USB port is provided for connection to the computer running the remote application. Alternatively, RS-232 or MIDI control data may be embedded in the MADI bitstream if preferred.
The ANDIAMO.AES is built in a 2U 19” rackmounting enclosure and includes dual AC power supplies with separate IEC inlets and rear panel AC power switches for maximum system redundancy.