- Uni-directional analogue-to-MADI interface
- A-D conversion of 32 line inputs into MADI format
- Bank selection of MADI channels 1 to 32 or 33 to 64
- Two units may be cascaded for time-aligned 64-channel MADI operation
- Internal matrix controlled by ANDIAMO remote software permits any input to be routed to any MADI audio channel
- Dual bi-directional MADI ports for seamless redundancy
- MADI port options – dual optical or 1 x optical + 1 x coaxial
- Compatible with 56ch and 64ch MADI formats
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz
- Sync options: external or internal word clock, or MADI input
- Wordclock output
- Three versions available to suit different analogue standards: 0 dBFS = +6 dBu, +9 dBu or +15 dBu
- Selectable gain adds additional 9 dB to output level: 0 dBFS = +15 dBu, +18 dBu or +24 dBu.
- USB 2.0 port for remote control and firmware updates
- Alternative remote control via RS232-over-MADI or MIDI-over-MADI; allows control of ANDIAMO units in remote location without additional connection
- Dual redundant power supplies
- 1U 19” rack-mounting unit
The ANDIAMO 2.AD is complemented by the ANDIAMO 2.DA 32-channel MADI-to-analogue interface; further models in the ANDIAMO range interface MADI to/from various other audio formats.
The ANDIAMO 2.AD is a uni-directional, 32-channel analogue-to-MADI interface in a simple 1U unit. It directly converts up to 32 line level audio signals into a single MADI format digital bitstream. The analogue inputs are balanced using four 25-way Dsub connectors, and the unit may be ordered with one of three fixed gain structures, with 0 dBFS = +6 dBu, +9 dBu or +15 dBu. A switchable pad allows higher signal levels of +15, +18 and +24 dB (per version, respectively) to be catered for.
The ANDIAMO 2.AD has two output MADI ports for redundancy. Both ports are permanently active, and by default carry the same MADI data, though they may be reconfigured using ANDIAMO software, when any input signal may be routed to any channel in either MADI output. The unit may be ordered with the ports as dual SC optical fibre connectors (single or multi-mode), or with Port 2 as coaxial (BNC).
Users may select whether the 32 audio input channels appear in the MADI bitstream as channels 1 to 32 or 33 to 64. Two units may be cascaded (by chaining the MADI signals) so that access to all 64 channels of audio supported by the MADI format is available. The ANDIAMO 2.AD is compatible with both 56-channel and 64-channel MADI formats and S/MUX at 96 kHz frame rate.
Using the front panel controls, analogue inputs 1 to 32 are routed to MADI channels 1 to 32 (or 33 to 64) in numerical order. This routing may be extended by the use of ANDIAMO Remote software (provided as standard), which any input signal to be mapped to any MADI audio channel; it is also possible to route a source to multiple MADI channels. ANDIAMO Remote also allows set-up of all other unit parameters. A rear panel USB port is provided for connection to the device running the Remote application. Alternatively, RS-232 or MIDI control data carried in the input or output MADI signals may be used if preferred, or the unit may be controlled via a network using an external Ethernet-to-USB adaptor.
The unit can operate at sample rates of 44.1, 48, 88.2 or 96 kHz. Sync source options are: the MADI input, internal word clock or external word clock.
The front panel provides signal level LEDs for each audio channel (at -16 and -6 dB, plus an ‘OVR’ LED indicating clipping). A simple two-button system allows all other unit parameters such as sync source, MADI bank, 64/56ch selection, sample rate, input level pad, etc., to be set.
The ANDIAMO 2.AD is built in a 1U 19” rackmounting enclosure and includes dual AC power supplies and rear panel AC power switches for maximum system redundancy.