The Bel Digital SAM64 is an SDI-to-MADI / AES audio converter. It extracts audio from up to four SDI bitstreams and converts it to AES and MADI digital audio formats. It is transparent to Dolby E and Dolby Digital, and includes on-board sample rate convertors with local or GPI control and tallies. Comprehensive sync options and redundant power supplies are standard. Rack-mounting (1U).
The SAM64 is a cost-effective solution to the problem of connecting audio equipment to the SDI-based infrastructure found in many broadcast facilities today. Occupying only 1U of rack space, the SAM64 provides the interface between SDI video bitstreams and digital audio.
Main feature set:
- 4 SDI inputs, auto-detection of SD/HD/3G standards
- Active loop-through of each input with full Dolby E/Dolby Digital transparency
- Extracted audio available as 32 x AES3-id and 1 x 64ch MADI (optical and coax)
- Comprehensive sync options (wordclock, AES, Black and Burst, SDI1 – 4)
- Wordclock and AES sync outputs
- On-board sample rate convertors (SRCs), enabled locally or remotely via GPI
- SRC tally outputs
- Dual power supplies, with separate IEC mains connectors (with cable clamps)
- 1U, 19” rack-mounting enclosure
- Optional 19” AES Signal Breakout panel (ASBO), providing AES3-id outputs on 32 x BNC connectors (75 ohm).
With a comprehensive range of synchronising options and switchable sample rate convertors, the SAM64 is designed to reliably and seamlessly integrate into any broadcast environment where SDI-embedded audio channels (consisting of discrete and/or Dolby E/Dolby Digital encoded signals) require format conversion.
Broadcast-standard reliability is achieved with redundant power supplies, careful choice of components and extensive test and QC procedures.
The optional 1U, 19” rack-mounting AES Signal Breakout panel (ASBO), enables the AES3-id outputs to be available on 32 BNC connectors (75 ohm).